Reflexology, sometimes called"energy medicine," is an alternative health clinic involving the application of force to specific pressure points on your feet and hands. This is normally done without the application of lotion or oil. There are many people who believe that reflexology may be a viable treatment for many ailments. However, this practice is not recommended for some of the following:
- Chronic pain - This shouldn't be combined with conventional medicine, especially for chronic pain. Reflexology, as stated before, doesn't treat illness or pain; it merely corrects the imbalances within your body systems that are causing the pain. A balance in your nervous system, hormonal system, immune system, and cardiovascular system are essential to the healing of any disease, including pain. Applying pressure reflexology can in fact aggravate pain, just as if it were the part of your body where the pain was originating from.
- Anxiety - If you suffer from anxiety, you might experience reflexology as a complication. Reflexology allows for increased blood flow, which offers relief from stress and increases your body's ability to heal itself. However, if you suffer from anxiety, you should first consult your doctor for the appropriate treatment. Reflexology is not a cure for stress. It's simply another way of managing your anxiety by increasing blood flow.
- Stress - Stressful symptoms can be relieved by applying reflexology. You can enhance the quality of your life by reducing anxiety, tension, and worry. Stress can interfere with your concentration and cause aches and pains throughout the human body. Reflexology can help to alleviate these symptoms and promote relaxation in your nerves and muscles. 무주출장마사지 Massage enhances the comfort benefits of reflexology, therefore effectively speeding up the effects of reflexology.
- Anxiety - Reflexology can also relieve pain. Your toes are a sensitive part of the body. When you apply pressure on your feet, you're transferring energy from your hands to your feet. This transfer of energy relieves tension, improves circulation, stimulates nerves, and promotes relaxation. Reflexology can also alleviate pain due to muscle stiffness and spasms.
- Tinnitus - Some people suffer from tinnitus, which can be an annoying ringing sound that could only be heard by the person who is affected. For many others, tinnitus can be a symptom of many problems, or might even be a sign of more serious disease. A reflexologist can often find out the reason for tinnitus and teach you how you can control it. Reflexology can increase blood circulation to your ears, thus helping to reduce the noise. The results can be relaxing, however you will have to continue the reflexology techniques on a regular basis for the maximum benefits.
- Reduce Stress - Stress and anxiety may lead to a number of other health problems, including digestive problems and lower back pain. Reflexology can help you relax your body and your mind. By increasing the blood circulation in the human body, reflexology can reduce pain and promote overall wellbeing. In addition, it can decrease anxiety and stress. Your stress level and your life quality can affect every area of your life.
Reflexology can benefit you in several ways but shouldn't be undertaken as a stand-alone therapy. You should always consult with your doctor before starting any bodywork or massage treatment to ensure that it won't interfere with any present medications or illnesses you may be suffering from. Always keep in mind that Reflexology is a holistic form of alternative medicine, so it should never replace the advice of your healthcare professional. However, should you choose to pursue Reflexology as a part of your regular medical care, you can reap the benefits by feeling good about your body, being more conscious of its organs and systems, and decreasing the anxiety and stress in your life.